[sudo-discuss] Server Room Status

yar yardenack at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 10:38:25 PDT 2014

On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 10:00 AM, David Keenan <dkeenan44 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> In other words, in my view, we should attempt a green solution that ties the
>> serbers into the infrastructure for the building.

I am naive and ignorant, but this solution seems too cool to not give
serious thought. :)

On Jul 6, 2014 10:16 AM, "Andrew Lowe" <andrew at lostways.com> wrote:
> I would like to be having regular meetings with CCL, Sudo, and maybe TIL
> about how we can share space.

Don't forget FNB, who is going to be building that fridge. Probably
every group should be there.

> It's really important too me, at this point in
> the game, to not fall on calling dibs on space as a way to build our
> community.

++

We are each others' neighbors, just as much as the landlords and the
people in the house next door.

We're not in competition. Each of us is providing a resource to the
others. For instance, I'd like to think of this less like "Sudo is
paying for this space so it's ours and you can't have it" and more
like "this space makes the most sense for our neighborhood's
hackerspace and so we're taking responsibility for building and
maintaining our neighborhood's hackerspace."

And the best way to know what we all need is to have open, functioning
channels of communication with each other. :)