[sudo-discuss] sudo shop 2.0

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 14:38:00 PDT 2014

I think our biggest challenges include:

   1. We can't fit most of our stuff in our space yet.
   2. There is a lot of junk left over we may or may not want, some of this
   is going to have to go away, simply to make room.
   3. Most of the shelving that was in the space already needs serious
   repair/attention. We have our own shelves, and some new shelving still in
   boxes. As soon as these can be assembled, we can get stuff out of the
   middle of the room and off the floor, as well as up from the basement.
   4. Most of the walls do not have outlets, and the few obvious outlets in
   the room do not work at the moment. We've run some temporary extensions,
   but need to deal with improving the outlet access ASAP.
   5. The books still on shelves in the basement, if they are abandoned
   from the landlord, can be consolidated, and we can start to put the sudo
   books on the shelves proximal to our room's basement entrance.
   6. Where to put the pews and bookshelves currently residing in the cafe
   / bookstore?

As for a shop, I think a good chunk of the "bocce ball" space can be set up
as a shop since we'll be able to carry on other activities and be generally
dispersed in several other areas of the building.

// Matt