[sudo-discuss] No Rest for the wicked?

Maximilian Klein isalix at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 08:45:08 PDT 2014

Max Klein
‽ http://notconfusing.com/

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 6:00 AM, Arnas Lucassen <arnas.lucassen at gmx.de>
wrote:

>  Hello Sudoers(and David),
>
> I just wanted to say again how awesome this and as consequence ‘’’you’’’
> are. A few things came up in and after the meeting which I wanted to
> comment on.
>
> a)      Be it legally as it may I strongly believe that every Member of
> an OMNI member collective is a member of Omni.
>
> b)      Some people rised concerns that we did not really get to address
> the real concerns like Access and envisioning of The Space and Sudoroom
> itself but based on my limited sample of Sudomeetings this was better than
> par productivity wise. And this gives us time to prepare our thoughts on
> this. I will have started this page
> https://sudoroom.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Reboot.................................................._finished.
> see d) for the Title @Matt is it possible to create a shortcut (maybe OO
> ;-))to link to pages in the OO wiki like it is possible in the Wikimedia
> Universe? Also this gives the Omni time to catch up although this might not
> happen because the meeting today turned into this crazy Potluck.
>
> c)       The Space feels cluttered and nobody now where the scissors are:
> mho is that we should embrace a) and make us aware that everything we give
> to the Omni Commons is still ours and we are the Collective with the most
> manpower and DIY Attitude. How for instance about creating a temporary
> Office/Frontdesk behind the bar directly opposite to the front door with a
> working Network Printer, Scissors!, scotchtape Ductape and sharpies.  I
> will hack on this tonight if I can find the equipment. What is a affordable
> place for Office supplies and Who and how are procurement requests handles
> anyway.

 d)      When is the reboot over? I say it was the Moment we started the
> first Meeting in The Omni more also onwiki.
>
> Finally I wanted to say, although I think it is awesome that you hit the
> ground running, after the first kinks have been sorted out some of the key
> figures should get some rest before they really join the Ghosts Haunting
> this house.

Actually this is something that I wanted to talk about at the meeting last
night, but was no time. I know I need to take some time off organizing -
and there are people that worked harder on the move than myself. I have
burned out with sudo before, and I can feel it coming on again. So I am
going to take a step back, and I encourage anyone else that needs to
recharge their mental health to do the same.

 See you tonight