[sudo-discuss] Fwd: COIs (attached) & 7/1 schedule

yar yardenack at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 09:06:28 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 12:13 AM, Maximilian Klein <isalix at gmail.com> wrote:
> Let us keep this email on record, should we ever need it, as the first
> admittance to their not being on Schedule / breaching agreements.

It's more like a record of their polite self-effacement, frankly, and
I don't think reflects too poorly on them. Most of the items they left
were either bulk pickup, where today is the only day they could
realistically do it, or things we asked them to leave. Notice how he
is apologizing for leaving us clean, working appliances. And for not
waxing the floor scratch that we covered with our pews at the last
second. And listing things they DID do in the ostensible list of
things they didn't. Also, as I wrote elsewhere, our own move-in
process involved a lot of unintentional but unavoidable
bait-and-switch regarding how many things we took, when we did it, and
how long we took to do it, at one point settling into a de facto pizza
party instead of moving shit. It was still their house, and we weren't
paying them for that time. And don't even get me started about the
piano.

Of course we'll keep the email on record, but let's not kid ourselves
about who the record actually appears to favors. Besides, I think this
grand experiment can only work by fostering good faith and
forgiveness.