[sudo-discuss] "learn to code" events subject to full-WTF scale crackdown...any ideas?

Pete Forsyth peteforsyth at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 18:22:50 PST 2014

I think Sudo Room has a stake in the existence of effective hacker-training
programs, regardless of whether they are offered *by* Sudo Room. So, thanks
Hol for posting the link.

I agree with GtwoG that there is some possibility for abuse; but neither
the article nor the agency's web site offer a concise presentation of what
it means to "be in compliance". Is the agency throwing up regulations that
will deter good work? It's hard to tell!

I posted this to a couple email lists in the Wikipedia space, so check out
these discussions too if interested:
* http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/gendergap/2014-January/thread.html
* http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-sf/2014-January/thread.html

-Pete