[sudo-discuss] advice on best tiny / low power server?

Hol Gaskill hol at gaskill.com
Mon Jan 27 14:26:05 PST 2014

I'm looking to replace my dinosaur box with something I can run from 80 Watts or less - preferably much less when not in use as I'd like to be running it 100% solar w/ battery backup.  Will be mostly network attached storage but I'd like enough power to host and stream videos, do some encryption and deep packet inspection.  I know we have some server gurus here - any thoughts on lightweight server hardware?  I was going to go with an Intel Atom but open to suggestions no matter how outlandish.

Cheers