[sudo-discuss] Fwd: [oaklandprivacyworkinggroup] 1/22 - League of Women Voters discussion on DAC

Marina Kukso marina.kukso at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 17:44:09 PST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: mary <mary at lovegadget.com>
Date: Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 5:41 PM
Subject: [oaklandprivacyworkinggroup] 1/22 - League of Women Voters
discussion on DAC
To: oaklandprivacyworkinggroup <oaklandprivacyworkinggroup at lists.riseup.net>

EVENT: League of Women to hold discussion about Oakland surveillance (at
the Chamber) Wed, 1/22, 6pm #DAC

http://www.lwvoakland.org/VOTER-January-2014.html#hot

NEXT HOT TOPIC: PUBLIC SAFETY AND PRIVATE LIVES
How does a city like Oakland respond to residents' demands for more
effective crime prevention and reduction while protecting everyone's civil
liberties? How will the Domain Awareness Center impact Oakland? How much
surveillance is enough -- or too much -- to enhance our law enforcement
capabilities? Bring your ideas and a friend to discuss these important
issues with knowledgeable resource people and fellow Oaklanders. We will
meet on Wednesday, January 22 from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. in the Oakland
Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce boardroom at 475 14th Street.