[sudo-discuss] Obama NSA reform speech

Eddie Che eddiemill at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 17:53:03 PST 2014

Thanks- translated, please comment if you have one:

Phone location tracked by GPS.
Emails stored, probably on gmail.
Transactions recorded by companies.
Cyber-attacks is the zombie idea.
President looks at intelligence every morning.
Reform: ? executive branch to priorities and commitment = "privacy and
basic liberties."
Government is allowed to intercept the communications of foreign targets
overseas who have information that’s important for our national security.
Under sec 702. So :( for me and my friend in sweden, though Mr. Obama said
that he's pressuring attorney general to limit how this information would
be retained, stored, and searched "in criminal cases."
My privacy is important to me. I hope that a folder, on my computer, marked
"privacy" will under no circumstances be opened by hacker trolls. Honestly,
with the persecution of hackers I expect respect in the same way largely
limited to public profiles.
I have some personal commentary, opinions, strategy, and hacks that I'll
respond to anyone who emails me at energy1427 at riseup.net.

But, finally, I'll leave you all with the worst thing ever:
http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2013/12/facebook_self_censorship_what_happens_to_the_posts_you_don_t_publish.html

Transcript:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/18/us/politics/obamas-speech-on-nsa-phone-surveillance.html?_r=0

EC

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 11:04 AM, eddan.com <eddan at sudoroom.tv> wrote:

> Starting now. Live stream link below, embargoed copy of speech attached.
>
> Today will likely also be a good day to get people to sign the petition
> and shut down the Oakland DAC, following this NSA reform speech.
>
> Here is a link for the livestreaming of Obama's speech for those
> interested:
>
> *http://www.whitehouse.gov/live/president-obama-speaks-signals-intelligence-programs
> <http://www.whitehouse.gov/live/president-obama-speaks-signals-intelligence-programs>*
>
> Starting in a few minutes.
>
> Embargoed copy attached.

Eddie Miller, BU '10
eddiemill at gmail.com | 440-935-5434
Facebook.com/eddiemill | Twitter.com/eddiemill