[sudo-discuss] support a video library of life experience in a 17-screen exhibit – deadline tomorrow

Danny Spitzberg stationaery at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 09:09:02 PST 2014

Dear friends,

it's been a while, and I miss you all.

Starting next Wednesday (5–7pm, right before the weekly meeting), Global
Lives is hosting a month-long, 17-screen exhibit in San Francisco to host
salon gatherings for broader audiences interested in global citizenship and
travel, empathy and education, and film and new media, as well as field
trips for Bay Area schools for workshops on empathy and global citizenship.
This exhibit is part of its initiative to provide educational materials for
over 400 teachers in the USA and around the world who asked for help using
video as a resource in their classroom.

Because I believe in the power of people speaking for themselves, I'm
working with Global Lives to build their education program and broader
community. And thanks to the support we received last year, Global Lives
produced 8 videos within 11 months! The amazing series features a day in
the life of 10 transit workers around the world.

You can preview five of the films at
www.globallives.org/liveintransitpreviews/ and learn more about the exhibit
opportunities atwww.globallives.org/exhibitmonth2014.

*Before Friday at 2PM, Global Lives needs $9,500 to put curriculum and
resources in the hands of teachers and show its video library of life
experience to a wide audience – please donate
at www.globallives.org/donate/ <http://www.globallives.org/donate/>.*

I would be humbled and thankful if you would donate to support this amazing
work today.

Sincerely,
Danny