[sudo-discuss] hacking broken ankles (knee scooters, etc)

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Wed Jan 15 11:20:23 PST 2014

Thanks for the suggestion Eddie!

As much as I like aspects of homeopathic medicine, "tradition" and curbing
the abuses of corporate medicine....
modern medicine kind of rules!

I'm reading all these horror stories about people losing limbs using wooden
splints through traditional bonesetters in some cultures, and about people
becoming permanently crippled after injury in ancient times.

I just hope we can find a way to whack down the insanity of the American
healthcare system. I'm lucky I have COBRA, but since it's not active (yet)
I suspect I have to wait a week longer for surgery than if I had  had
insurance from the start. It's always an eye opener.

I'm happily surprised at how comprehensive the social healthcare system is
in San Jose. The Valley Medical Center is pretty good overall for poor
people, and there's even a form of subsidized health insurance for low
income people that I'd find in Germany.  I don't think this kind of stuff
is publicized this much, and I'm wondering how many poor people are aware
of this.

Despite all the issues people have with ObamaCare and although we know the
single payer system is the way to go, it's a step in the right direction
right?

Romy Ilano
romy at snowyla.com