[sudo-discuss] Copwatch Radio Scanner

Max B maxb.personal at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 13:12:33 PST 2014

Thanks a lot for all of the responses.

It looks like P25 scanners are available, just a little pricey. Thanks
for all the info Kurt.

I looked through the hackaday link and the associated article, but I'm
not sure that route is going to be a reliable option unless someone (me)
takes a bunch of time to do the proper research and a lot of setup.
We'll see....

Re: Jeremy
>> The use of "goal" on this mailing list (in regard to  police) isn't
>> appropriate.

I'm pretty sure Kurt meant the goals of copwatch - you might want to
re-read that sentence.

As for copwatch's goals, I think they're looking for something on their
desk to monitor/listen. It might be a useful option to record. I don't
believe they need something portable - usually there's someone in the
office while other folks are out on the streets.

Thanks!
Max