[sudo-discuss] Elevator Upgrade

David Keenan dkeenan44 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 11:06:32 PST 2014

I've given it some thought and can definitely understand the inclination to
help George out in the interest of improving our relations, but it's just
that, in my own experience doing that - buying goodwill with George with
cash, or favors large and small i.e. free labor - doesn't actually work..he
just forgets basically, or takes it for granted totally, i.e. comes to
expect it, and in a week he will be again yelling at one of us about
anything thats on his mind, or dragging garbage all over the space, and
continuing to use our trash service for the entire building,
and unilaterally shutting off the AC which we cant turn back on unless he
accidentally leaves the roof access open...and basically you know, doing
whatever the hell he wants regardless of how it affects us. This is a guy
who regularly yells at me or hangs up on me while i am in the very act of
helping him. Laurie is not the greatest but she is not like that, and I
would kick down if it was just her running the building. But it's George's
building, and his general inclination seems to be to treat his
tenants poorly, and this goes for every tenant in the building (Ive talked
with all of them), not just BAPS/Sudo.

I think we should tell him our combined discretionary funds have already
been allotted to the rent increase.

best,
david