[sudo-discuss] [Consensus Decision] Minimum Membership Dues

Chris Bee hotelcompany at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 06:33:49 PST 2014

We've discussed setting up some kind of work trade/equity system in lieu of
(or in addition to) paying dues in cash on several occasions both on and
off the record, yet it's never gotten past the "Gee, that's a good idea"
phase.

Personally I could go either way on this. Keeping track of how much time I
allocate towards sudo-related projects versus personal pursuits would
probably set a good example and maybe even get the ball rolling on the
nascent time-accounting system, but that's not really how I do things.
However, one of the perks of the cash-free lifestyle is that I don't have
to assign a value to my time if I don't want to or if there's no real need
for it....which is probably why I haven't documented my sudo projects/time
expenditures- I feel like it's time well spent, people seem to appreciate
at least some of my efforts, and shit gets done that might otherwise get
left by the wayside.

With that said I believe the equity program would be a good thing for sudo
and sudoers alike. Sudo gets its helper monkeys, I don't have to stress
over whether I'm goldbricking and everyone else has a metric to work with
(or not).