[sudo-discuss] Consensus Decision: Documentary Filmmaking

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 19:56:25 PST 2014

Our process for approving amendments to our Articles of Association
[https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Articles_of_Association#Section_4.1_Process]:

Amendments shall be made by:

   1. Announcing the proposed amendment by posting:
        On the official sudo room wiki.
        On the sudo room discussion email list
        At least 1 week before the meeting at which a vote on the
amendment will be held
   2. Receiving feedback and commentary posted:
        On the official sudo room wiki.
        On the official sudo room anonymous etherpad:
https://pad.riseup.net/p/sudoroom
        On any sudo room email list.
   3. Adding an agenda item to an official meeting's agenda.
        The agenda item includes time to review the feedback, receive
in-person feedback, and discuss.
        Decision procedure: Consensus

This passed unanimously at our Dec. 18th meeting. All have one week to
give feedback and we'll have a final vote at next week's meeting (Jan
8th).

I'm adding this proposal to the sudo room wiki:
https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Filming_at_sudo_room if folks would prefer
to comment / add suggestions there.

Cheers,
Jenny

On 12/18/2013 08:24 PM, Matthew Senate wrote:
> Seeking approval next week for this ya'll! Thanks to Bunker from
> BunkerFilms.com - 215.971.0837 - mail at bunkerfilms.com
>

> * Proposal: Move to allow documentary filmmakers to film at sudo on
> the conditions that: ** all parts in which sudo is featured has one
> of these licenses (or equivalent): *** CC0 *** CC BY *** CC BY SA
> ** people taking pictures & video should: *** acquire consent from
> everyone *** acquire consent and review again before publishing ***
> applies to all identifying data: face, voice, body, name, etc ***
> strict RFC-2119 compliance of "should" vs "must" to be debated

- --
Jenny
http://jennyryan.net
http://sudomesh.org
http://thevirtualcampfire.org
http://technomadic.tumblr.com

- -Laurie Anderson

"Storytelling reveals meaning without committing the error of defining
it."
 -Hannah Arendt

- -Stéphane Mallarmé