[sudo-discuss] [CCL] omni layouts

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 18:38:17 PDT 2014

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 12:35 AM, Matthew Senate <mattsenate at gmail.com>wrote:

> I also wanted to share a sketch of what CCL and Sudo Room could do with
> the bocce ball court in order to contain the CCL lab areas, ensure they are
> dust free and secure, and connect to the existing plumbing and water lines.
> I suggest CCL enclose two rooms and use a staircase to turn the roof of the
> rooms into a lounge. The rest of the space would contain sudo room. Curious
> to hear what ya'll think!
>
> http://wiki.omni-oakland.org/w/Bocce_ball_court

We probably won't be able to put in any load bearing walls or pillars
without a building permit, but a mezzanine along the existing walls might
work - and wouldn't block too much skylight.

Something like a commercial greenhouse structure may work to provide a
dust-free space, and probably wouldn't require a building permit if it's
free-standing. Commercial packages seem to range from around $4/sqft for a
simple plastic sheet covered
tunnel<http://www.greenhousemegastore.com/product/fieldpro-gothic-high-tunnel-package/complete-greenhouse-packages>,
to $18/sqft and up for a polycarbonate
greenhouse<http://www.greenhousemegastore.com/product/garden-grower-package/complete-greenhouse-packages>that
would be a bit less of a fire hazard. Presumably DIYable for much
less...

Of course, any of this would be for well past move-in. For now, going from
a small back room with a mold issue to 1/2 of a giant space with a bit of
dust would still be a huge improvement. ;-)

Patrik