[sudo-discuss] Fwd: [spaghettinight] Open House @ PLACE for Sustainable Living : Sunday April 27th 3pm-7pm

Marina Kukso marina.kukso at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 19:45:06 PDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jonathan Youtt <jyoutt at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 6:40 PM
Subject: [spaghettinight] Open House @ PLACE for Sustainable Living :
Sunday April 27th 3pm-7pm
To: The Spaghetti Night mailing list <spaghettinight at tentacle.net>

*PLACE for Sustainable Living* is a volunteer-run public-serving,
experiential learning center showcasing and fostering sustainable living
practices, urban homesteading, community resiliency & preparedness, social
justice and artistic expression.

We are hosting an Open House in order to highlight some of the
accomplishments in our first 3 years, outline the expanded vision and
identify the different ways that you can participate. We are excited to
announce that after three years building out PLACE for Sustainable Living,
we have secured a new five year lease. This lease will enable us to
continue building our collective vision of a dynamic educational center for
urban sustainability and regenerative practices.

DATE: Sunday, April 27, 2014
TIME: 3:00pm - 7:00pm (Stone soup supper is: 6-7pm)
WHERE: *PLACE for Sustainable Living*

1121 64th Street near San Pablo Ave & Alcatraz Ave,

Oakland, CA 94608

http://aplaceforsustainableliving.org/

https://www.facebook.com/oakleyville

PLACE will continue to serve our educational and sustainability showcase
goals, and our newly formed cooperative, Oakleyville will grow its
membership into a multi-stakeholder cooperative serving its Workers, Makers
and the Community at large. Please join us as we enter the next chapter of
this co-creative place.

*SUN, 4/27/14 OPEN HOUSE Schedule:*
3:00-3:30 pm — Meet & Greet (some snacks & tea)
3:30-4:45 pm — Presentations: PLACE, Oakleyville Cooperative, & Affiliate
Groups
4:45-5:30 pm — Breakout sessions for PLACE Pods*(see below)
5:30-6:00 pm — Site Tour
6:00-7:00 pm — Stone Soup + Report backs from breakouts and next steps

Stay after the open house for our regular monthly Final Sunday Music Jam
from 7:00-10:00pm

STONE SOUP: If you wish to drop off any veggies for the soup prior to the
open house, email us at: info at aplaceforsustainableliving.org with “Stone
Soup” in the subject line.

*PLACE Pods are smaller organizing groups with special functions of PLACE
and Oakleyville. They include the following: Education (Youth & Adults),
Programs (Partnerships, neighborhood activism, placemaking), Admin/Org
Development, BUZZ (Marketing Comm.), Site Permaculture Design, Events,
Facilities, Fundraising, Urban Gardening, Hearth, & Volunteering

SAVE THE DATE: We will also be celebrating this good news at our upcoming
three-year anniversary event: Creating Commons Festival, Saturday, May 10,
2014.

have questions
To subscribe new people, have them send an email to
spaghettinight-join at tentacle.net
This list is dolphin safe