[sudo-discuss] Co-ordinate on making the Omni's Wiki

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 15:37:26 PDT 2014

I volunteered to do this and can set one up relatively quickly. I'd
prefer not to use my server though, as I may soon be moving to a new
VPS.

Any objections to setting this up on the sudo room server?

Matt, do you have a specific alternative in mind?

On Mon 21 Apr 2014 03:03:48 PM PDT, Matthew Senate wrote:
> Given the constraints of time and energy, I always ask myself when entering
> into setting up a new application--is this really necessary?
>
> Is it /really/ necessary to run /another/ wiki specifically for the Omni
> Collective?
>
> I think it /is/ necessary to use versioning on documents and to have some
> place for notes and documentation (so we can easily find and use them).
>
> However, is there some existing wiki we can use instead of running another?
>
> My mind goes to: new user accounts, admin issues, spam management, and
> upgrades. We could consolidate these into another wiki.
>
> I try to avoid taking these things on, but sometimes they are unavoidable.
> Please say if you think this is so.
>

> On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 2:57 PM, David Keenan <dkeenan44 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes please! Any help appreciated.. Lots of content to put up..
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 2:44 PM, Maximilian Klein <isalix at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Some of you may know I am wiki crazy, and I would like to help create the
>>> Omni's wiki. Only I am on holiday and am taking an e-break. Can anybody set
>>> this up, on there own server at the moment so all that needs to be done is
>>> point wiki.omni-oakland.org DNS to it?
>>>
>>> I can help with tech support from the sidelines over email.
>>>
>>> Max Klein
>>> http://notconfusing.com/

- --
Jenny
http://jennyryan.net
http://sudomesh.org
http://thevirtualcampfire.org
http://technomadic.tumblr.com

- -Laurie Anderson

"Storytelling reveals meaning without committing the error of defining
it."
 -Hannah Arendt

- -Stéphane Mallarmé