[sudo-discuss] Show us your hack-pack's hack-snacks

Eddie Che eddiemill at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 13:31:06 PDT 2014

probably add a scissors and needle nose pliers to the tools section,
especially if in an urban environment!

otherwise, I'd focus on more food-maker components,
like having a kombucha scoby in there in a glass jar (and a bottle with a
balloon on it once its finishing), spirulina for energy (in a plastic
bottle) leave in sunlight for the day but always a boost and nutrients,
perhaps with extra bottle of the nutrient mixture (see the wiki article),
ground coffee or instant powder if its not at the hackerspace, rice n dry
beans?, water purification?, even salt n pepper? :D

a tarp and sleeping bag if you are slick or hardcore, or else you've
already dug in somewhere with that shovel <3

hella,
EC

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 12:59 PM, Marc Juul <juul at labitat.dk> wrote:

> Hackpacks must have hacksnacks.
>
> What kind of emergency snack/meal/drink/tools do you always carry with you
> in your hack pack? Mine are:
>
>   Drink:
>     Yerba mate (dried tea)
>     Yerba mate straw
>     5-hour-energy or similar
>
>   No-prep snack:
>     Nuts or granola bar
>
>   Meal:
>     Instant oatmeal packet
>     Ramen packet
>
>   Food-related hygiene:
>     Folding toothbrush
>     Small toothpaste
>     Dental floss (doubles as general purpose string)
>
>   Tools:
>     Collapsible silicone cup/bowl
>     Filtering water bottle
>     Spork
>     P-38 can opener
>     Knife (in multi-tool)
>     zip-lock bags
>
> All of the food/drink items have in common that they don't weigh much and
> don't really go bad. We usually buy these items bulk and re-fill missing
> item when at home base.
>
> I'm not sure I'm happy about the ramen (so salty) and all of the granola
> bars I've tried are so sugary (bleh).
>
> --
> marc/juul who is at sudo room and just had his oatmeal

Eddie Miller, BU '10
eddiemill at gmail.com | 440-935-5434
Facebook.com/eddiemill | Twitter.com/eddiemill