[sudo-discuss] Fwd: [spaghettinight] OPEN HOUSEs @ PLACE (Thur April 17 or Sun April 27th)

Marina Kukso marina.kukso at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 17:56:06 PDT 2014

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jonathan Youtt <jyoutt at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 5:47 PM
Subject: [spaghettinight] OPEN HOUSEs @ PLACE (Thur April 17 or Sun April
27th)

OPEN HOUSEs @ PLACE for Sustainable Living
2 Dates: 2 Opportunities to learn more about PLACE

DATE: Thursday, April 17, 2014
TIME: (5:00pm) - 9:00pm (Stone soup supper is: 5-6pm)
OR:
DATE: Sunday, April 27, 2014
TIME: 3:00pm - 7:00pm (Stone soup supper is: 6-7pm)

We are hosting 2 Open Houses in order to reconnect with our community,
highlight some of our accomplishments, outline the expanded vision and
identify the different ways for you to participate. One on a weeknight and
one on a weekend day.

We are excited to announce that after three years building out PLACE for
Sustainable Living, we have secured a new five year lease under our newly
formed cooperative, OakLeyVille. This lease enables us to continue building
our collective vision of a dynamic educational center for urban
sustainability and regenerative practices. We will be celebrating this good
news at our upcoming three-year anniversary event: Creating Commons
Festival, Saturday, May 10, 2014.

PLACE will continue to serve our educational and sustainability showcase
goals, as Oakleyville will grow its membership into a multi-stakeholder
cooperative serving its Workers, Makers and the Community at large.  Please
join us as we enter the next chapter of this co-creative place.

THU, 4/17/14 OPEN HOUSE Schedule:
5:00-6:00pm — Meet & Greet & Stone Soup
6:00-7:00pm — Presentations: PLACE, Oakleyville Cooperative, & Affiliate
Groups
7:00-8:00pm — Breakout sessions for PLACE Pods*
8:00-9:00pm — Report backs from breakouts and next steps

SUN, 4/27/14 OPEN HOUSE Schedule:
3:00-3:30 pm — Meet & Greet (some snacks & tea)
3:30-4:45 pm — Presentations: PLACE, Oakleyville Cooperative, & Affiliate
Groups
4:45-5:30 pm — Breakout sessions for PLACE Pods*
5:30-6:00 pm — Site Tour
6:00-7:00 pm — Stone Soup + Report backs from breakouts and next steps

STONE SOUP: If you wish to drop off any veggies for the soup prior to the
open house, email us at: info at aplaceforsustainableliving.org, with “Stone
Soup” in the subject line.

*PLACE Pods are smaller organizing groups with special functions of PLACE
and Oakleyville. They include the following: Education (Youth & Adults),
Programs (Partnerships, neighborhood activism, placemaking), Admin/Org
Development, BUZZ (Marketing Comm.), Site Permaculture Design, Events,
Facilities, Fundraising, Urban Gardening, Hearth, & Volunteering

have questions
To subscribe new people, have them send an email to
spaghettinight-join at tentacle.net
This list is dolphin safe