[sudo-discuss] introduction

Eric Peden eric at ericpeden.com
Sun Apr 13 02:55:45 PDT 2014

My friend Mike and I stopped by Sudoroom for the first time tonight. I
hope to be spending more time there in the future, so I wanted to
introduce myself (and him by proxy).

We both have several years of medium-to-large scale IT experience: he
tends toward the hardware side, I tend toward the software side.
Sometimes it's nice to actually produce something physical and cool,
though, and we're doing amateur-level fiddling with electronic bits
and pieces. We're newbies, but enthusiastic ones, and hope to learn
from and be inspired by what other folks are creating and hacking on.

I'll stop speaking for him now: personally, I'm really excited about
3D printing and wearables and hardware hacking, and making those
things more accessible to people. I'm also very interested in the
Oakland open mesh work that's happening, and I hope to make it to one
of the meetings soon.

As I said, we stopped by tonight (I forget who came down to let us in,
but thank you!). We mostly stayed out of the work space because we
didn't want to interrupt anyone. Instead we perused the library then
sat on the couches to talk hypersonic sound projectors and DIY solar
panels. I was happy how conducive the environment felt to such
discussions.

Hi!

-- eric