[sudo-discuss] Fund-raising idea: Sudogames?

Autonomous autonomous666 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 21:29:24 PDT 2014

The "Darkplaces" gaming engine I ported to the Raspberry PI that was
released last month has been quite a success with thousands of downloads
and positive reviews. I am about ready to release the next version of the
engine along with a batch of open source games that will run in the engine.

I was thinking that it might be a good opportunity at this point to ask for
a donation. I would like to ask people to make a donation to Sudoroom
(instead of me) to support ongoing community outreach efforts and in
particular, to make a donation in support of the activities relating to
"Sudo Kids." Also, the Raspberry PI Foundation announced last week that
well over $1,000,000 in grant money is available to non-profits that
support educational activities relating to teaching kids how to write
software and work with technology.

If this sounds like a feasible idea for raising funds then I would need a
little help in preparing a pitch to submit with the donation request that
describes what Sudo Kids is about and how Sudoroom works with the
community. There is also a grant proposal that could be submitted to the
Raspberry PI foundation.

Here's the thread on the Raspberry PI forum:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=72301

Peace,
Autonomous