[sudo-discuss] sudo room internet status?

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Wed Apr 9 13:44:31 PDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 1:20 PM, Yar <yardenack at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 1:05 PM, Marc Juul <juul at labitat.dk> wrote:
> > Is the internet connection at sudo room down?
> >
> > I cannot access any of the servers on the sudo room IP.
>
> It's not down but it's been very very slow for several days. The
> uplink is saturated and we haven't figured out why.

Could be a torrenting or compromised computer on the wifi. Maybe try
powering off both wifi access points, connect directly to the switch on the
tall shelf near the entrance and see if that fixes things. If not, we
probably have a compromised server on the wired lan. If turning off wifi
fixes things, then monitoring traffic to find the MAC of the offender and
blocking them should be a solution.

--
marc/juul