[sudo-discuss] Earn Money Helping Sudo Room: Write Grants - Get 50%.

Maximilian Klein isalix at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 21:15:06 PDT 2014

Hello at this week's meeting we made a new fundraising strategy, that is
participatory.

==Background==
Last year we won two *$4,000 cash* grants, and a *$2,000 3D printer* just
by being sudo room and filling out forms.

==New fundraising Idea==
1. Any sudoer can fill out, or add to this list of 41 grants to apply for.
2. The grant writers for an application will receive a recommendation at a
sudomeeting to get * 50% commission* for applying on sudo's behalf.
3. We organize on fundraising at lists.sudoroom.org , so sign up there to
discuss

==Medium-Term Strategy===
1. We think that if the Omni-move-in happens, we would like to fundraise
with them together as a unit. We will wait until July 1st.

2. If the Omni falls through, then we will have a sudo space individual
fundraiser. Idea is a harmonious-hackathon / pay-what-you-can dev  bootcamp
one weekend. It can be paired with this idea:
2.1 Offer to host an RSVP Dinner w/ Francisco and Liberation Food Worker
Cooperative