[sudo-discuss] Privacy/Fourth Amendment activists - meeting at Sudo Room on Saturday

GtwoG PublicOhOne g2g-public01 at att.net
Sat Sep 28 23:04:21 PDT 2013

The obvious solution is:  Use a FB link to reach people who are on FB,
and a non-FB link to a non-FB site for people who won't go anywhere near
FB.

There's no problem with each of those being a separate link to a
separate destination, because when a meeting occurs F2F, whoever shows
up, shows up.  It doesn't matter whether they got there from FB, non-FB,
or a flyer taped to a telephone pole.

As for "everyone is being tracked," not those of us who have installed a
bunch of anti-tracking software and turned up all our privacy settings
to 11.

The "everyone is being tracked (implied: so therefore give up)" meme is
like the "don't bother with safe sex" meme during the early days of the
HIV/AIDS pandemic, when people were getting infected and dying in large
numbers.  Fatalism is defeatism.  Prevention is easy and free.

=====