[sudo-discuss] Boorganic Chemistry (2 PM tomorrow) - Learn Awesome Biology!

Watson, Andre dre at ligandal.com
Fri Sep 27 14:03:58 PDT 2013

Hello Sudoers!

Tomorrow, Saturday 9/28 at 2 PM!

Alexander Honkala and I will be teaching another class. Last time, we covered some basic tenets of molecular biology, and tried to give you all a topical view of systems biology as well as comfort with the idea of coding your biology with some bio-hacking nanoparticles and/or viruses.

This time around, we will be covering "boorganic chemistry", as well as the basics of pharmacology. We will delve into methods of creating awesome molecules that mimic your biology, and how to use those molecules to build larger assemblies of molecules that can do stuff. Time constraints in mind, we will move at a pace that is comfortable for everyone. We want you to taste how your body interacts with things, and how it makes things to interact with itself.

Hope to see many of you there!

-AW

Andre Watson
Chief Science Officer