[sudo-discuss] Fwd: Check out Nerd Night coming up this Monday at the New Paryway! Forward to your friends!

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 16:19:11 PDT 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Laurie Cooperman Rosen <Lscoop at comcast.net>
Date: Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Subject: Check out Nerd Night coming up this Monday at the New Paryway!
Forward to your friends!
To: Laurie Cooperman Rosen <Lscoop at comcast.net>

** **

*From:* The New Parkway Theater [mailto:info=
thenewparkway.com at mail14.atl11.rsgsv.net] *On Behalf Of *The New Parkway
Theater
*Sent:* Thursday, September 26, 2013 2:16 PM
*To:* lscoop at comcast.net
*Subject:* At The New Parkway 9/27 - 10/3****

** **

This is the End, Monsters University, The Way Way Back, 20 Feet from
Stardom, The Spectacular Now, and more!****

Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your
browser<http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=548749d3c1&e=9d72d9b96b>.
****

** **

[image: The New Parkway
Logo]<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=df54189dcb&e=9d72d9b96b>
****

Schedule for* *September 27 – October 3* TABLE OF CONTENTS

Features this Week <#1415c8c47aec07e9_features>
Picks of the Week <#1415c8c47aec07e9_picks>
Now Playing <#1415c8c47aec07e9_nowplaying>
Selected Upcoming Events <#1415c8c47aec07e9_comingsoon>
New Parkway News <#1415c8c47aec07e9_news>
Movies on our W <#1415c8c47aec07e9_wishlist>ish List
At the Cafe <#1415c8c47aec07e9_atthecafe>
Theme Nights <#1415c8c47aec07e9_themenights>
Directions, Free Parking, & More <#1415c8c47aec07e9_info> *

FEATURES THIS WEEK ****

****

THIS IS THE ENDWarning: This movie has it's share of juvenile sex jokes. If
you hate this kind of humor you may find yourself eye-rolling a lot. Or you
may be wondering why you saw this movie after this explicit warning and be
wondering about your masochist tendencies. For everyone else, this is a
true delight. Genuinely funny throughout, this end-of-the-world movie is
self-depreciating and should have you laughing throughout.

*Fri: 8:30 PM*
*Sat: 9:45 PM*
*Tue: 9:15 PM
Thur: 9:00 PM*****

****

DECEPTIVE PRACTICELet's face it. Everyone loves magic. You seriously have
to be dead inside not to feel a tinge of joy when a magician performs a
seemingly impossible act. My thoughts always quickly switch to the magician
and who they are. How many times have they practiced that trick to make it
flawless. Deceptive Practices traces Ricky Jay (a world-renowned magician)
from his apprenticeship at age 4 through his life learning magic.
Absolutely fascinating.

*Sat: 2:20**
Sun: 5:15
Tue: 7:00<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=1897e3c246&e=9d72d9b96b>
Thu: 9:30*****

****

THE SPECTACULAR NOWThis sounds like a drunk phrase you might use to
describe yourself at a high school re-union, and this movie is not short on
high school drinking.  This is the tale of a high school senior and
effortless charmer, and of how he unexpectedly falls in love with "the good
girl". It is engrossing and believable and unsentimental. You will not
regret seeing it. From the writers of '500 Days of Summer'.

*Fri: 6:00 PM*
*Sat: 7:20 PM**
Sun: 1:00
Wed: 9:30*****

[image: MONSTERS UNIVERSITY]****

MONSTERS UNIVERSITYThe latest hit from the Pixar dream factory. To be
perfectly honest, their previous efforts of Cars 2 and Brave made it seem
less of a dream factory and more of a gentle slumber factory. But
thankfully, Monsters U is a welcome return for the local studio, with
oodles of charm, wit and humor, making other animated kids movies
positively boring by comparison.

*Fri: 5:30 PM**
Sat: 12:40 & 4:45 PM
Sun: 12:30 PM
Tue: 6:30 PM
Wed: 7:00 PM
Thur: 6:30 PM*****

[image: 20 FEET FROM STARDOM]****

20 FEET FROM STARDOMFinally a documentary that lets you crawl beneath the
under belly of the music business. Award-winning director Morgan Neville
shines a spotlight on the untold true story of the backup singers behind
some of the greatest musical legends of the 21st century. Many of the songs
you love would not have existed without the talent and exploitation of some
amazing singers. Really entertaining.

*Sun: 7:20 PM**
Wed: 6:30 PM*****

****

THE WAY WAY BACKEveryone remembers what it was like to be 14. Working in a
water park for the summer. With Sam Rockwell. Hating your mom's boyfriend.
If not, you get to experience it in the Way Way Back. While this 14 year
old is quite angsty, this movie perfectly captures the sullen moods of
teenagers with a nuanced, funny script and wonderful performances all
around.

*Fri: 8:00 PM**
Sat: 5:15, 8:00 PM
Sun: 3:30 PM
Mon: 4:30 PM
Tue: 9:00 PM
Wed: 8:45 PM
Thur: 7:00 PM*****

** **

PICKS OF THE WEEK ****

****

POOR KIDSThe Appreciating Diversity Film Series is back with another free
showing, this time of Poor Kids.  We think we live in the land of the
American Dream yet income disparity continues to grow.  We think that it’s
the land of opportunity for everyone, but is that really the case.  Come
out to watch the movie and participate in a community discussion.

*Sat: 3:00*****

****

SHARKNADOSo bad it’s terrible?  Or so bad that it’s awesome?  You be the
judge as this cable sensation hits the big screen and flying sharks hit the
shores or California.  After all, the only thing worse than a tornado is a
Sharknado.  And we’ve got one on Saturday night.

*Sat: 10:30*<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=25c277c06c&e=9d72d9b96b>
****

****

FOR Y'UR HEIGHT ONLYI grew up with 007 and his womanizing ways, but he is
no match for the special agent half his size.  While there may be some
doubt about Sharknado and its badness to goodness quotient, For Y’ur Height
Only stands the test of time.  It’s bad and it’s definitely good and it’s a
cult classic.  You miss it and y’ur out of luck.

*Sun: 6:00*<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=0ba49a0364&e=9d72d9b96b>
****

****

*BREAKING BAD FINALE*

It’s the night you’ve all been waiting for.  The most grande finale of a
strangely beloved TV series.  And we’ve got it not only on the Mezzanine
but also in the lobby.  Everyone is coming out for this one final episode
so come early to reserve a seat, and buy lots of food and drink so that we
can keep the TV rolling with the Walking Dead and others.  Free!

*Sun: 9:00*****

****

PARTY AT THE PARKWAY (X2) I needed a graphic for Party at the Parkway so I
googled “Party at the Parkway” and this is what I got, our new poster child
for fun on a Sunday night.  She’s having a great time and she’s alluring
and wants you to come crash the party.  Only we’ve got two of them on
Sunday.  A student group watching The Big
Sleep<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=baeea3c0dd&e=9d72d9b96b>and
a 3 year wedding anniversary watching
Slither<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=ce5d9953bc&e=9d72d9b96b>.
Your only choice is which party to crash.  Cake included.

*Sun: 8:30<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=7de6b1e159&e=9d72d9b96b>&
9:30<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=569349e431&e=9d72d9b96b>
*****

****

NERD NITE EAST BAY #12 The Nerds are back and perhaps better than ever.
They’ll be rocking the power point, along with some square music, and will
be drinking beers and trying to be the cool kids that they never were in
high school.   This month it’s about planets, private investigators, and
honeybees.  So come on out and learn something for a change.

*Mon: 8:00<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=9fc7e6cac9&e=9d72d9b96b>
* (Doors at 7:00)****

** **

*NEW PARKWAY NEWS*

*Karma Cinema Recap*
We're still crunching the numbers but it looks like, due to your
generosity, we'll be donating roughly $15,000 to the following four local
nonprofits*: *College Track, Hopalong Animal Rescue, the Ella Baker Center
for Human Rights, and the Alameda County Community Food Bank.  In the month
of August, patrons at the theater paid what they wanted for their movie
tickets with 30% going to local nonprofits.  And we're continuing this
giving every Wednesday night at the New Parkway.  So come on out on a
Wednesday night, pay what you want for your movie ticket, and have a
portion benefit a great local cause.  This month, the beneficiary is Creative
Growth<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=23477e8244&e=9d72d9b96b>
.****

** **

AT THE CAFEYou don’t have to see a movie to enjoy The New Parkway’s cafe.
Open to the public seven days a week, we have a full menu and lots of great
activities*. **Get all the details
here.*<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=a4a6d45af6&e=9d72d9b96b>
****

[image: trivia]<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=fd5a7c5788&e=9d72d9b96b>
****

Free Fun in the Cafe Join us for Open Mic Mondays (1st and 3rd Mondays),
Trivia Tuesdays, Pop-Up Art Wednesdays, First Fridays, and Sunday Night TV.
It's all free and it's about good, clean fun. Come with a friend or come
alone.****

[image: arancini]<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=114a51f6d3&e=9d72d9b96b>
****

Great Food & Drink We've got some great new dishes every week.  Come have
pizza, our entree of the week, or the fantabulous Mystery Meal.  *Click
here for a current (or recent)
menu.*<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=8916e70035&e=9d72d9b96b>
****

** **

****

THEME NIGHTS! Sure, you probably know about the Baby Brigade (every Monday)
but we've also got Thrillville on Sundays, Parkway Classics on Thursdays,
Doc Night on Tuesdays, Spectrum Queer Media on Sundays, and New Parkway
Family Classics on Fridays and Saturdays.  And now we've got Karma Cinema
every Wednesday where you pay what you like for your movie tickets with a
portion going to local nonprofits.   *Get all or most or some of the
details here.*<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=28d2c8fe88&e=9d72d9b96b>
****

*NOW PLAYING*

🎫<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=c72c66beac&e=9d72d9b96b>=
Advance tickets available
All showtimes PM****

Friday, *
September 27*****

4:00 *THE POWERPUFF GIRLS** *(New Parkway Family Classics)

5:30 *MONSTERS UNIVERSITY*

6:00 *THE SPECTACULAR NOW*

8:00 *THE WAY WAY BACK*

8:30 *THIS IS THE END*

10:30 *SUSPIRIA*
🎫<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=4bbc3b5f20&e=9d72d9b96b>
 ****

Saturday,  *
September 28*
12:30 *THE RED POWERPUFF GIRLS* (New Parkway Family Classics)

12:40 *MONSTERS UNIVERSITY*

2:20 *DECEPTIVE PRACTICE*

3:00 *POOR KIDS*

4:45 *MONSTERS UNIVERSITY*

5:15 *THE WAY WAY BACK*

7:20 *THE SPECTACULAR NOW*

8:00 *THE WAY WAY BACK*

9:45 *THIS IS THE END*

10:30 *SHARKNADO*
🎫<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=465777c18b&e=9d72d9b96b>
****

Sunday,  *
September 29*****

12:30 *MONSTERS UNIVERSITY*

1:00 *THE SPECTACULAR NOW*

3:00 *MY BROTHER THE DEVIL *(Spectrum Queer Media)
🎫<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=bbd3e09ee5&e=9d72d9b96b>

3:30 *THE WAY WAY BACK*

5:15 *DECEPTIVE PRACTICE*

6:00 *FOR Y'UR HEIGHT ONLY *(Thrillville Theater)
🎫<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=dc486abc24&e=9d72d9b96b>

7:20 *20 FEET FROM STARDOM*

8:30 *THE BIG SLEEP *(Party at the Parkway)
🎫<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=47a9fe4337&e=9d72d9b96b>

9:30 *SLITHER *(Party at the Parkway)
🎫<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=aee8d6c0eb&e=9d72d9b96b>
 ****

Monday,  *
September 30*
4:30 *THE WAY WAY BACK* (Baby Brigade)****

7:00 *NERD NITE EAST BAY*
🎫<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=c89c5f6e61&e=9d72d9b96b>
 ****

Tuesday,  *
october 1* ****

6:30 *MONSTERS UNIVERSITY*

7:00 *DECEPTIVE PRACTICE* (Doc Night)
🎫<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=6d4802b790&e=9d72d9b96b>

9:00 *THE WAY WAY BACK*

9:15 *THIS IS THE END*
 ****

Wednesday,*
october 2*****

6:30 *20 FEET FROM STARDOM*

7:00 *MONSTERS UNIVERSITY*

8:45 *THE WAY WAY BACK*

9:30 *THE SPECTACULAR NOW*
 ****

Thursday, *
october 3* ****

6:30 *MONSTERS UNIVERSITY*

7:00 *THE WAY WAY BACK*

9:00 *THIS IS THE END*

9:15 *DECEPTIVE PRACTICE*
 ****

SELECTED UPCOMING EVENTS...****

10/4 *YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN *

10/4 *THE INSTITUTE*
🎫<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=a2020c7e59&e=9d72d9b96b>

10/5 *YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN*

10/5 *R KELLY TRAPPED IN THE CLOSET SING-ALONG*
🎫<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=b556db6dea&e=9d72d9b96b>

10/6 *CLOUDBURST*
🎫<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=67488a2568&e=9d72d9b96b>

10/6 * DIRTBAG *

10/6 *NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD & WHITE ZOMBIE
*🎫<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=f5010a4888&e=9d72d9b96b>

10/8 *THE INSTITUTE*
🎫<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=35f62622fd&e=9d72d9b96b>

10/11 *THE WITCHES*

10/11 *SINS INVALID CRIP SOIREE & SPEAKEASY*
🎫<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=08420bc7b9&e=9d72d9b96b>

10/11 *Mystery MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER*
🎫<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=fe771cf244&e=9d72d9b96b>

10/12 *THE WITCHES*

10/12 *SINS INVALID CRIP SOIREE & SPEAKEASY*
🎫<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=cc628052c2&e=9d72d9b96b>

10/13 *MOSQUITA Y MARI*
🎫<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=df736d35a2&e=9d72d9b96b>

10/13* HORROR OF DRACULA
*🎫<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=73a064aea2&e=9d72d9b96b>

10/15 *THE ACT OF KILLING*

10/18* WALLACE AND GROMIT: CURSE OF THE WERE-RABBIT*****

MOVIES ON THE HORIZON ****

*Wait to see them (and others) at the New Parkway:*****

*Fruitvale Station*

*The Trials of Muhammed Ali**

Blue Jasmine

Lee Daniels' The Butler

In a World

Aint Them Bodies Saints

We're The Millers

The World's End

Short Term 12

Elysium*

*Afternoon Delight*

*Prisoners**

You're Next

Instructions Not Included*

*Oakland A's Playoff Baseball*
 ****

****

The New Parkway Theater has free parking for patrons in a lot just a half
block from the theater. Patrons may use the Douglas Parking lot across from
ER Transmissions at 450 24th St. New Parkway patrons may use this lot after
6PM Mondays through Fridays (except during Art Murmur on the first Friday
of each month), and all day on Saturdays and Sundays. Please do not leave
any valuables in your car and do not leave your car parked in this lot
overnight. ****

<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=a916df70c5&e=9d72d9b96b>
****

*About The New Parkway*

The New Parkway Theater is a community-centered cinema and pub located in
Oakland's Uptown district. Sit back and relax in our cozy couches while
watching our new releases, cult classics, and fabulous special programming.
Plus, enjoy yummy food and local beer and wine in our café or even
delivered right to your theater seat all at affordable prices!

Our digits 510-658-7900 (showtime info)
510-338-3228 (box office)
Online tickets<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=75788a305e&e=9d72d9b96b>
Email <info at thenewparkway.com>
Website<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=e164070703&e=9d72d9b96b>

Connect with us!
<http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=7f9b6487fc&e=9d72d9b96b><http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=6bb1117731&e=9d72d9b96b><http://thenewparkway.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=d63ab61f0e&e=9d72d9b96b>
****

 forward to a friend<http://us7.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=95850cf0776f1a99b71f2f29c&id=548749d3c1&e=9d72d9b96b>
****

** **

*Copyright © 2013 New Parkway Theater, All rights reserved.*
You received this email because you signed up for The New Parkway's mailing
list either on our site or somewhere else.
*Our mailing address is:* ****

New Parkway Theater****

474 24th St****

Oakland, CA 94612****