[sudo-discuss] Discussion on Neurodegenerative disease - Idealab: Journal club - Tomorrow (Wed Sept 18th) at 5.30pm PST!

Ryan Bethencourt ryan.bethencourt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 12:35:24 PDT 2013

Dear All,

Ever wonder what might be behind Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, ALS and many
more neurodegenerative diseases? Could it be misfolded proteins?

*Neurodegenerative diseases discussion - Idealab - Journal club - Tomorrow
(Wed) 5.30pm PST Online video conference*

Tomorrow (Wednesday) at 5.30pm PST, I'll be leading a discussion, co-hosted
by Nina on Self-propagation of pathogenic protein aggregates in
neurodegenerative diseases and I would love to have anyone that has
experience or interest in the Neurodegenerative diseases to join us for
broad ranging discussions! Please feel free to sign up below for the free
Idealab discussion co-hosted by Nina and several Biohacker spaces/groups:

http://www.meetup.com/Berkeley-Biolabs/events/138879892/

*Dedicating this discussion to Les Halpin:*

I'd also like to dedicate this discussion to the patients who are suffering
and need our help in finding cures to these terminal diseases and in
particular a friend of mine, Les Halpin, who passed away at the weekend due
to ALS. Les was a serial entrepreneur who funded a lot of research on ALS,
was my fellow co-founder at Halpin Neurosciences (which led to the
identification of J147 by Eric Valor for ALS) and he also developed the
Halpin Protocol to accelerate the development of therapies for life
threatening diseases in the UK.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10314789/Motor-neurone-disease-campaigner-Les-Halpin-dies.html

Come and join us for a discussion on Neurodegenerative diseases, protein
misfolding and therapeutic interventions tomorrow!

All the best,
Ryan

--
Ryan Bethencourt