[sudo-discuss] The Simple Street Sign Protocol

Steve Berl steveberl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 10:30:50 PDT 2013

"Street signs are mounted on poles, each pole having exactly two street
signs."

You haven't been to Boston, have you :-)

Also, you might point out that protocols can specify options. The words
"MUST" and "MAY" appear in a lot of protocol specifications. So for example
the street sign MUST show the name of the street in the local language, but
MAY include the name in an additional language (like in Chinatown).

-steve

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 9:21 AM, Thomas Levine
<occurrence at thomaslevine.com>wrote:

> The Simple Street Sign Protocol (SSSP) is a
> communications protocol used to orient humans
> to their location within a street grid.
> http://thomaslevine.com/!/street-sign-protocol
>
> (This is what happened after Marina and I talked about protocols!)

-steve