[sudo-discuss] Open Source PCR Hack Night - 7pm Tues 10th Sept in Downtown Oakland (Sudo Room)

Ryan Bethencourt ryan.bethencourt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 17:48:11 PDT 2013

Dear All,

We are VERY pleased to be able to announce the first of our Open Source
DIY Bio lab equipment hack nights: The Open Source PCR hacknight. The
upcoming hack night will be focused on building an open source PCR, we
currently have a prototype which cycles but if you have a PCR you're
working on please feel free to bring it as well and work alongside us
and please feel free to invite friends and also forward to anyone you
may feel is interested!

This event will be run in conjunction with OMGBio and the Micro
Controller Hack night (run by Hol) at Sudo Room.

The overview of the evening will include:
Principles of PCR
Principles of Temperature Control

Aims are to get temperature cycling of 1C per second with accurate
measurements at the current rated power

http://www.meetup.com/Berkeley-Biolabs/events/138849342/

We'll be using Peltier for cooling and we'll be using Nicrom wire for
heating (although this is up for discussion). If you have any questions
please feel free to contact Ryan, Marc or Hol!

All the best,
Ryan

Ryan Bethencourt

Tel:(415) 825 2705