[sudo-discuss] Giovanni has been banned from the list

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Thu Oct 31 02:54:05 PDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 2:24 AM, GtwoG PublicOhOne <g2g-public01 at att.net>wrote:

> What happened?  I thought the "john re" address had been captured or
> spoofed by a spammer, but "giovanni_re" was a legit user, most recently
> discussing the FCC application.  Did the _giovanni_re" identity turn out to
> be some kind of wolf in sheep's clothing?   -G

He was banned for spamming the list about the FCC thing. Nine emails in
nine different threads over the course of a few hours about a project that
he has stated that he himself is not willing to work on. That is not
reasonable. He also showed up for the sudo room and counter culture labs
meetings and took an unreasonable amount of the community's time trying to
push this project onto others. It appears that he has been doing similar
things at noisebridge and other tech groups in the bay area.

In addition: Starting and running an LPFM station is no minor undertaking,
and Giovanni has continued his attempts to push this on people even in the
face of little interest. This might have all been fine if he was actually
spearheading the project, but he is not.

--
Marc