[sudo-discuss] [consensus] Nominations for Board of Directors

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 19:32:50 PDT 2013

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 1:55 PM, Eddan Katz <eddank at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think that coming to evening meetings and weekend events should be
> the ultimate metric of commitment to Sudo Room.
> Not everyone can make it at those times because of work and family
> obligations.

Agreed, thanks for picking up on that and giving an opening to describing
all the ways in which people regularly show their commitment to Sudo Room:
There's also building infrastructure in the space, creating/making awesome
things, giving tours, managing the landlord situation, managing the trash
(thanks david k!), leading classes/workshops/meetups, CLEANING and
BEAUTIFYING the space [the move to colorful late-night mood lighting the
other week was especially clutch].

BTW, our Wishlist has recently been updated in case folks want to
contribute tangible Things: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Wishlist

Jenny