[sudo-discuss] [consensus] Nominations for Board of Directors

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 20:12:48 PDT 2013

Enthused, I also accept, and nominate Liberty, Marina, Max, Matt, and Marc.

I don't think it matters how large the board is - and with regards to what
we want to do, it's probably a good thing to have as many board members as
agree to their nomination :)

I'm reading 'How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation in California' and will
update the list or this thread in particular with pertinent bits.

I also think it's important we de-emphasize the Board as much as possible -
and in that vein would like to propose that anyone elected to the board not
list their "position" on LinkedIn, Facebook etc to avoid the public image
of having a hierarchical structure. However, it is indeed a position of
responsibility that reflects commitment to the group and, as such, folks
elected should be allowed to list it on job applications and resumes if so
desired. In a similar vein, anyone on the compact should very much consider
themselves a co-founder!

Thanks for sharing Liz! Eddan, I think it's a good idea to document
existing policies in the realms we're interested, and would like to help
with research in this area. Maybe we create
https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Insurance ?

In solidarity,
Jenny
http://jennyryan.net