[sudo-discuss] mtg mns oct sxt

Max Klein isalix at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 21:45:42 PDT 2013

*https://pad.riseup.net/p/sudoroommaintenance

==Attendance / Icebreaker==
*Icebreaker: should i stay or should i go
Present:
    marc, matt, eddan, miguel, max, jordan, danny,

==announcements==
*public schule general meeting tommorow 530

   - '''we  have concensed that if there are no objections accompanied by
   an  alternative set of article of assocition within a week that we will
   use  the articles of association marc has proposed to drive to sacramento
   and  get incorporated'''

==articles of incorporation==
marc is proposing a modified form of noisebridges articles of incorporation.
finer points
===board of directors===
we can kick them out by majority vote
thinking of ways to have them be officious but without too much dictator
powers
*Alternatives proposed
**Term limited stop gap board
**Charade board "cardboard cut out", only do bare minimum. (liked by peeps)
**No fundraising

=====board action====
the four things that are necessary for a board action are:
*meeting
*notice
*quorum
*voting

===decision making===

board would decide by consensus n-1
a certain number of nonboard members would have to be at every board
session for quourum with no executive session

===profit donations records funding===
this has to be non-profit, what activities are precluded for that?
start-ups. maybe peeps are not ok with that.

===federal tax status===
we will do 501c* and decide the wildcard later
===articles of association by laws===
we need by laws and they could be based on articles of association
should include
*exclude board members from voting in recall
*require open meetings
*have some number of nonvoting member
*no exec session
===risk assessment===
there will power in a few people, can this be stemmed by cultural norms and
ease to
===insurance===
from the noisebridge copypasta
===articles 6.1===
who becomes members?
noisebridge says one person has to vouch you~

or application process
===articles 3===
this is noisbridge copypasta plus our values from articles of association