[sudo-discuss] Film Hacking : Hack A Film in a Day - OCT 20 Sunday at SudoRoom 9AM-4PM

Liberty Madison libertymadison at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 16:22:20 PDT 2013

Hi Jenny! And others

The calendar was cunsulted and Crypto is scheduled for Sunday at 2-5p correct?
On any given day there are simultaneous events/meetups held at Sudo/common room on multiple days at multiple times Every Day. Ie Thursday nights with CCL , Oakland Wiki, Java Script, Phython as one example. Which to me is the makings of a excellent hackerspace!

Executing Crypto does not exclude other events/ meetups /people from gathering/assembley/ visiting / touring/ hacking at Sudo/ Public School or the common space. It of course would prevent a similar large scale event from executing at the same time.

Hack a Film in a Day was booked on that day (sunday oct 20)because the execution needs do NOT conflict with any standing events. The event, like many meetups held at Sudo,does not monopolize the space in the same way Crypto or a Oakland nights live event does. It requires neither a podium nor folding chairs :)
If it were a large scale event or interfered with Crypto I would have certainly reached out to you personally or simply selected another date.

The event begins at 9am at Sudo and remains on location for about 2-3 hours.
If you have never attended a film hacking event or are unsure of what to expect please feel free to reach out off line.
I understand your concern and need to ensure your event is ran successfully. I love Crypto! The last one was excellent! Both events will be a hit!

 I will certainly promote your event to anyone who attends Hack a Film in Day on Sunday ! Come for the digital and stay to encrypt it!
Collaboration is key!

Please feel free to reach out off list if you have specific questions or concerns or if you are curious of the format!
I would love to have you attend!
Liberty

415.937.3785
Liberty at libertymadison.com

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note™, an AT&T LTE smartphone