[sudo-discuss] Hacking a phone

Jeremy Entwistle jwentwistle at cryptolab.net
Tue Oct 15 20:59:07 PDT 2013

Hi everybody,

My phone got interrupted while upgrading the firmware and I was
wondering if anybody would be interested in fixing it. I'm willing to
pay if you can get it running again. I have spent quite a bit of the
weekend trying to fix it and I'm at a breaking point with it.

It's a Samsung S2 for Sprint (D710) and it boots to Odin mode, but not
recovery mode. However, my computer... and a few other computers I've
tried won't recognize my phone in Odin mode. It was running Android
4.0.4 with the eMMc bug. I read that you might still be able to do it in
Hiemdall, but I don't want to invest another weekend into fixing it.

Take care,
Jeremy
--
https://twitter.com/jwentwistle