[sudo-discuss] Handheld 3D printing extruder

Hol Gaskill hol at gaskill.com
Thu Oct 3 11:19:10 PDT 2013

I'm going to try my hand at making one of these.  ABS filament arrives next week to begin torturing me for the 1.5 month until the hot end itself arrives.  Thinking wooden handle with a 3D printed trigger mounted to a spring-loaded potentiometer.  Tricky part will be setting up the controller to compensate for different feed rates.  the fun part will be holding contests to see who can draw the best cylinder.  anyone interested in this or have tips from 3D printer builds?

cheers,
hol