[sudo-discuss] sudoroom wheelchair still around?

Liz Henry lizhenry at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 15:57:37 PST 2013

For about $100 a week you can rent an electric mobility scooter.

A hospital style rental manual chair will be nearly as much money to
rent, around $10 a day, and will be super heavy to push and hard to
get around in, unless you have a car and someone with you to fold it
up and put it in the car.  It can work out ok with taxis too if you
get someone else to hail the taxis for you (they will rarely stop for
a wheelchair user) and want to just go around in museums and stuff.
You can also usually borrow manual chairs in museums and zoos.

You can google "mobility scooter rental" or wheelchair rental for your
location and you'll come up with many options!  Usually these places
will deliver a wheelchair or scooter to your location and pick it up
again.   I've found this very useful while traveling when I don't want
to risk breaking my own scooter in an airplane cargo hold.

http://locations.scootaround.com/rentals/s/sanfrancisco/

- lizzard