[sudo-discuss] request for maker help, update & invite

J Clark hello at sl-co.com
Thu Nov 28 10:51:38 PST 2013

Sudoers,

First, the request. I'm in a pinch, wonder if any Sudoers might help me out.

Two of us (Mike of OmNomProject and I) are trying to create a maker space in San Leandro, at the south end, in Bayfair Center (the mall at the Bay Fair BART stop). Yes, a maker space in a retail mall. It's an experiment. Mike and I have mostly committed to be open this Black Friday weekend to help offset the inhumanity of the holidays. Only problem: Mike is sick, has been sleeping for the last two days, and will be contagious for some days after he's feeling better. I advised him to stay home, which leaves the weekend to me. On our schedule we have the easy, proven activities: bunny copters for smaller kids, crypto adventures for the mid-range kids, a 3D printer for the bigger kids, and a few humble things to sell (SparkFun inventor kits, soft circuit kits, and some blank greeting cards). OMG!

The request: can anyone come help out for an hour or two this weekend? Bring your own activities if you'd like, or just come help color the bunnies. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated, good karma abounds, and many kids will thank you.

The update: East Bay Maker Labs!

The invite: if anyone is curious about what's happening in San Leandro, come join us for a Meet the CIO: Cool Tools for Makers event next Friday eve. Yes, conflict with First Friday acknowledged, not much I can do about that. Here are details: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/meet-the-cio-san-leandro-by-design-cool-tools-for-makers-tickets-8379313753 3D printers! 3D scanners! Laser cutters! and more, oh my! (Hey, it's all new to this community. Everyone starts somewhere.)

With best holiday wishes and warm appreciation for Sudo Room,

  judi

San Leandro Coworking
400 Estudillo Ave, #204
San Leandro, CA