[sudo-discuss] New Spaces, Sudo Room, and the Public School.

Hol Gaskill hol at gaskill.com
Tue Nov 26 15:49:35 PST 2013

Hey David,

I think there is a sufficient maker component of sudo folk that light industrial / fabrication suitable space is very attractive.  I haven't had a chance to review the materials on 8th and Alice yet but wanted to put out there that there is a big making / prototyping / startup appetite to be satisfied.  However, the shop part of sudo room has become crowded out with milk crate storage and other things - this may mean that it will be important to have a better shop area that is a feature that brings people in, or it may mean that the people interested in building things are moving on to other spaces that hold such activities dear.  I am honestly not sure which is true.  Forking the hardware / making part to a separate location (with 3-phase 220V power, for example) under the same umbrella organization might a viable solution.  I think from the beginning the idea of a federation of like-minded spaces has been of interest - we have many options to create.

Cheers,
Hol

Hello,