[sudo-discuss] Door and Keypad Update and Need Help (Electronics Knowledge)

Max Klein isalix at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 20:17:55 PST 2013

Only last night I got the keypad running again, and was trying to insultate
the wires to improve its uptime.

So I coated two connections between the rasberry pi and the relay which is
attached to the door. After coating, it seemed like I somehow failed these
connections, because the software exited normally (opendoor.py was still
being called and sent success messages), but the door was not opening. I
tried to unglue them, but when i was taking off the glue, I disconnected
one of the wires that was at this 3-way junction. Then I resoldered the
wires but to no avail.

So everything is totally broken now. Can you help with a multimeter and a
solder gun Monday to hunt this down? I don't know how to test if there is
current at point, nor why the two wires would split coming of the rpi, and
then both go to same relay. BTW what's a relay (i've only heard the term)?

Please tutor me in the ways of righteousness,
notconfusing
7074787023