[sudo-discuss] Decode -- a sudo room community call to action

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 13:54:52 PST 2013

Hey all,

At last night's meeting I shared that many recent threads on the email list
and off-list have made me feel hurt emotionally. I get the impression that
there is a feeling of a lack of resolution, and that major issues get left
ignored to fester.

I need help--I want to ask sudoers to *decode* our communications to get
closer to core issues that we can learn to address to improve as a
community to perform our values
https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Articles_of_Association#Values

I have reached out to find resources to help us grow emotionally and
socially over the coming months, and I encourage others to do the same.

// Matt

p.s. For some time, I was burnt out on the sudo-discuss email list. In the
space, on frustrated occasions, I spouted verbal negativity about the list
and how I felt derailment, non-sequitur, and miscommunication promoted
further negativity and did not reflect sudo's values. However, I realized
this isn't how I feel about the sudo-discuss list. I have always felt it is
necessary to embrace our online communications--and community--as much as
any other contributing element or energy in sudo room. For this reason, it
is even more crucial that I extend my personal appreciation, offer
vindication for any time (all cycles) spent on sudo room, and remind myself
publicly that our discussion list is a core component to running a creative
community and hacker space.