[sudo-discuss] my experiences with "crime" in oakland [part 1 of ?]

Sonja Trauss sonja.trauss at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 13:03:10 PST 2013

I still want to know whether David has any info/ insights on the relative
vulnerability to mugging of white v black men. Or if anyone on here has any
notion for vulnerability based on race.

For me, I notice that walking around with a white man generates more
threatening comments than if I was walking alone. That and also what
reports from white men about being mugged and held up leads me to believe I
would be more vulnerable to being mugged if I was a boy.

Are there any black girls on the list that have a similar set of anecdotal
datas?  or black men walking alone v. walking w white men?

I can't tell if there is no personal data, or what. Rhodey gave some. It
confirmed the other data I had. Any more either way?