[sudo-discuss] Meeting Notes 11-13-13 - Juice and Paranoia in Sudoland

Hol Gaskill hol at gaskill.com
Thu Nov 14 10:26:10 PST 2013

>all our new cash == standing funds. hands off, act normal.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++!

Nov 13, 2013 11:32:05 PM, isalix at gmail.com wrote:
In what's being called an "incident of provocation" sudoers cathartically purged their souls of paranoid fears, and imbibed a Class-C schedule Drug - Vitamin C in lethal amounts. 3 pinneapples, 12 bananas, 25 apples, 60 pears, and clod of celery.

-notconfusing

https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2013-11-13
>------------------------
>

>Icebreaker: Give an example of how you are paranoid about security, or in general.

>Attendees:     Max - wireless charging in toothbrush
    Daniel - whiteboard at home with a circle in the middle about privacy, maybe privacy is already lost    Ed (einstein) - "not paranoia they really are out to get us"
    Matt - "people's safety"Vicky - "losing my memory"
JC - "leave no digital trace" Anca - Jehan's mom visiting from Vermont - "cool housing community"
Tony - "texting while driving"Elvin - paranoid about how social websites can log you into every website ever.
Marc - "wipe my harddrive and install a clean os before crossing a border"
Rhodey - autocompletion on securityyar - http://3g2upl4pq6kufc4m.onion/?q=tor+bug+tracker
Line 16 - speaking in short sentences
Diku - "pitiless gaze of the future staring down at us." "lots of stray humans"Dante - "posting stuff online"
Sam - "all my software efforts are in vain, because of hardware chipping"
Brandon - careful about porn more than anything.
>1. Announcements
Events for this week: https://sudoroom.org/calendar
Review the events for this week--what's happening?Rackspace maybe wants to give us money?
We were recommended for a grant ;)but requires W-9 forms, do we have that?
for the w-9 we need the board of directors (true? - unknown)apparently there are still options
grant is approx $4000not 100% we would get it, but quite likely
Update on The OmniThe omni a space
everyone at a previous meeting agreed it was a good idea to pursue it furtherits more difficult to buy, business mortgages apparently need 30-50% of 1.9million. lease at $13,000 per month for two years
Marc is getting more info from owner before he can propose a consensus item.
leasing triple-net means you are more responsible than a regular tennant.updates to the wiki
Vicky is a superhero with regards to the wikicategorizing the wiki into events/projects/stubs'
"the tortoise will win the race"yar - "our long term goal is to turn the wiki into the front page" noisebridge-style
vicky invites people to work with her - on vicky time. (STOP. It's Vicky time.)
Board ratification is delayed in favor of antidramatic juice-a-thonregret
 to inform beloved room that faust will not be accepting nomination at
this time, due to unfortunate conflict; she hopes that this opportunity
presents itself again in the future.  she also expects to be there,
albeit late, with cake.julio accepts nominationY u no http://www.walmartstores.com/sites/annualreport/2008/_images/pic_board_of_directors.jpg ?
everyone not privy to this drama is thinking "thank goodness"It should look more like this: http://www.shtig.net/consensus_spiral_4web_med.jpg
New color laser printer :Dconsent to spend less than $200 for the printer for toner
if someone wanted to donate.it's awesome!
Are we incorporated? Can we start getting a real bank account and moving services off members' private credit cards?
Matt investigated a couple of credit unions. Makes a recommendation:Do get an Internet Archive Federal Credit Union account (don't use it for too much)
Must pay for frequent debit transactionsMost services take charges.
Do get a Patelco Federal Credit Union account (use for debit, bills)Skip
People's Federal Credit UnionCooperative Federal Credit Union
"note
 that with credit unions you can often do transactions at a credit union
 not yours and have them post to yours, they are in cahoots as credit
unions" - faustwe have 2 bitcoins, marc controls the wallet but will transfer it to us as soon as there is an "us"
rhodey - if theres no penalty for just  go for itUpdate from Timon and Marc on alcohol permit situation
Timon- Marc was rightget smashed for $35 with an average of 3 days noticed.
$35 with 3 days noticeThankstaking potluck?
faust is in, ok faust, take it.seeking date/time/deets

>2. Articles of Incorporationnot approving board of directors (see above)

>3. Financesall our new cash == standing funds. hands off, act normal.
no exchequer? no bank balance info?current
 exchequer team does not currently have access to online bank account
(can't wait to move to patelco!). check from soex on its way after
completion of contract, w-9, signatures, which will be presented to the
group at the next meeting.
>4. conflict resolution
Timon
 - constable/conflict steward. The conflict that neither of the two
parties wanted to bring t o us. Elliot and Shake. Timon noted them, both
 of them declined to meet officially. Shake is showing good faith by sharing some perspective.
the private portion is proceeding.Shake
 speaks - he likes sudo room - he helped dj. at some point he was just
working and elliot asked questions about an occupy oakland. he felt like
 he did explain to elliot, they even went outside. he felt like he
wasn't welcome any more. then he found out he had a conflict on the
agenda. "keep in mind that i do not want anyone to be uncomfortable
because of me". says that because he is a political figure that there
will always be oppoonents. now feels uncomfortable because he doesn't
understand that why elliot.  gives a message that he wants to be here
and helpEventually,
 sudo came around to realize that our actions during the meeting are not
 the best execution and interpretation of our Conflict Resolution
procedure of the Articles of Association, ending the conversation about
the details of any specific conflicts. tl;dr shake tried his best but we can't do anything because the other person never showed up
If
 anyone has a conflict or wants to resolve things they may have heard or
 speculate with other members, reach out to the person in question, or
find another sudoer to act as a mediator.
>mate made $128

5. After- Meeting Teamups bank teamupu
juice meetup
>6. Action Items
marc  -to investigate printer recoup costto message ar
timon -message art murmur mailing list about alcohol licenses