[sudo-discuss] hoping for more transparency and inclusiveness around all the exciting developments

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 12:38:20 PST 2013

Hi Anthony,

I totally hear you, sympathize, and hope to clear some things up.

The grant opportunity came up one night at sudo less than 24 hours before
the deadline. In retrospect I should have posted a callout for help to the
list, and I'll be sure to do that in the future. Rather, I simply reached
out to this in my immediate vicinity (Marc, Matt and Marina). It would be
great if folks could add to the wiki page I started at
https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Funding and take the lead on initiating
applications for other grants.

The Omni space proposal was also a very rushed, tight opportunity to secure
the space with a deposit (not directly associated with sudo, and this does
not bind sudo room to the space), and while we discussed this at general
meetings (of Sudo, Public School and Counter Culture Labs), we didn't want
to publish to the highly-populated mailing list out of fear that someone
less than aligned would scoop us on the deal.

It's been less than two weeks since that opportunity arose, and we're
negotiating a way to hold the space. There will be public information
available in the next week, or you could email me off-list and I can share
more. We'll also be meeting about it on Thursday with the Public School
folks (it was they who scheduled the meeting, which I only just learned of
a few hours ago)

I've also been extremely busy and have neglected to post meeting minutes
after the meeting. I will do my best to get regular about that again
(though I cannot make tonight's meeting). Of course, anyone else attending
the meetings can also do this.

Thanks for your honesty and the reminder to be ever-more-diligent in our
transparency and inclusivity practices!

Jenny
http://jennyryan.net
http://thepyre.org