[sudo-discuss] dark mail kickstarter

Jehan Tremback jehan.tremback at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 21:38:02 PST 2013

Yea, I've been helping out on Scramble. We certainly don't have the
well-oiled publicity machine that Darkmail has.

What I don't like about the Darkmail thing is that it is still proprietary.
Proprietary code is not secure code.

Right now Scramble has software that encrypts all mail with PGP, without
the cumbersome key exchange ritual that PGP requires. Scramble servers also
participate in a "notary" network that resolves plain old email addresses
to PGP public keys, sort of like the web's DNS system. An attacker would
have to control every Scramble server on the network.

This is a grass-roots, open source effort. Let us know if you can help.

Repository: https://github.com/dcposch/scramble

-Jehan