[sudo-discuss] there are no LPFM slots on the FM band in the bay area, period.

Anthony Di Franco di.franco at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 14:17:06 PST 2013

There would be a moire pattern of regions of roughly the dimensions of a
wavelength (~3 meters) within which interference would be mainly
constructive or mainly destructive. Reception would suck or not exist in
all the regions where interference was not constructive. Then the usual
multi-path interference issues.​ Complicated and a good reason to keep
transmitters well spaced-out. To do this right you are pretty much building
a phased-array antenna which uses the interference intentionally to aim the
beam by varying the synchronization among the signals from the different
antennas and that is way too complicated for this - you have to track the
location of the receivers somehow for one thing, and that's just the
beginning.