[sudo-discuss] there are no LPFM slots on the FM band in the bay area, period.

Eddan Katz eddan at sudoroom.tv
Mon Nov 4 13:17:54 PST 2013

I've read about software-defined radio making interference problems
negligible (can't find anything in particular at the moment - but most
coming from the IEEE publications).

I'd be interested whether others (a) understood if this is true; (b)
knew of affordable SDR equipment; and/or (c) thought this would solve
the problem.

Sidenote: While streaming-only radio stations do not have to deal with
spectrum licensing issues, their Internet presence make broadcasting
anyone else's copyrighted content a complicated and either expensive or
risky endeavor.

sent from eddan.com