[sudo-discuss] Yo Biohackers: civil engineering apps incl. self-repairing concrete

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Fri May 31 22:04:03 PDT 2013

Yep, lots of interesting application for biomineralization processes,
including some interest from NASA for making bricks out of lunar or martian
regolith! Some of these ideas have been explored in the IGEM competition.

Lots more details here:

BacillaFilla: Fixing Cracks in Concrete<http://2010.igem.org/Team:Newcastle>

REGObricks <http://2011.igem.org/Team:Brown-Stanford>

Patrik