[sudo-discuss] We need access to our router/AP

Yardena Cohen yardenack at gmail.com
Sun May 26 13:20:08 PDT 2013

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 8:10 AM, Matthew Meier <wolfy at wlfy.it> wrote:
> https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Router/Config/Interface
>
> I've create this page for modifying IP information. I will create a port
> forward walk-through during lunch.

Hey Wolfy, I'm still a little confused about this. The instructions
you gave are for the router, but what about the firewall? They're
configured in two different places, right?

It seems like there are a bunch of different machines. I'll try to
write up MY understanding.

   Bonded phone lines come out of the wall, into the Sonic.net router
   Sonic.net router is connected by ethernet to:
   Horchata, firewall, in the closet, IP 192.168.1.1, connected by ethernet to:
   D-Link Gigabit Switch, on shelf above closet, with many things
plugged into its ethernet ports, including:
      Port 1: Horchata
      Port 4: Cisco AP
      Other ports: Tamale, radio room, random places
   The Cisco AP has IP 192.168.1.49 and appears to be running dd-wrt,
but nobody knows the password.

Which of these machines is "the router"? The thing that needs the Java
app to access? Is it Horchata? Are the router and firewall the same
machine?

Sorry for being verbose, I just want to be very clear before changing
anything. Thanks!