[sudo-discuss] Tuesday - MicroController Hack Night // Lilypad

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Tue May 21 00:11:17 PDT 2013

Tomorrow is MicroController hack night. I'm working on Lillypad Arduino
(wearable electronics)

 It's nice, I was able to get more done in the past 2 days than I have in
the past few weeks... and with a full-time job too! It's weird. I guess I
 was just very good at avoiding listening to people pitch stuff. It's does
wonders for productivity.

I'm not sure if I can be very helpful tomorrow, as I am in a making mood! I
am not going to be so interested in hearing about people's kickstarters but
it's all good.
I just want to give happy energy at making and there will be a project that
will lead to nice things.

Useful videos to watch. I like these because I actually do stuff seeing
these... they will not get you stuck in the "not doing" cycle of doom.
These are very relevant videos for beginners.

   - Becky Stern was an NYU New Media Lab graduate - her embroidery +
   arduino videos are very helpful
   -  http://blog.makezine.com/2008/04/21/lilypad-arduino-embroider/
   - Leah Buchley came up with the Lilypad design - she is cool -
   http://web.media.mit.edu/~leah/

Some parts of SudoRoom aren't quite prettily decorated with art. In the
long term future I would love to donate lace-dripped electronics and
embroidery to be part of useful things like the door project.